Merge between Mitti and DirektPress

24 June, 2020

The two leading free newspaper groups Mitti and DirektPress are merging, Ge-Te Media AB is acquiring all the shares in Mitti, which since August 2019 had Citypress Stockholm AB as the principal owner. Ge-Te Media AB is the parent company of DirektPress and SDR Svensk Direktreklam.

Informal conversations started a few months ago and have now resulted in a deal, and in connection with this Ge-Te Media AB has brought in a long-term investor named Byggmästare Anders J Ahlström Holding AB – a company listed on Nasdaq First North.

“The Mitti newspapers have made a fantastic turnaround in the last year and we are now happy to be able to take the next step and contribute to the completion of this deal. It is a logical and important deal for the future of the free newspapers”, says Martin Alsander, chairman of the board of Mitti, and partner in the group of media investors who joined the company a year ago.

Citypress Stockholm AB is owned 60% by a consortium led by Lazarus Equity Partners, the remaining 40% is jointly owned by Susanne Hobohm and Aktiebolaget Segulah.

For further information, please contact
Lars Axelson, CEO of AB Segulah, +46 70 511 51 30